October 20th 5:00pm to November 11th 11:00pm
In a tour described as: "Part mateship, part collaboration, part rivalry" Melbourne’s Hawkers and Auckland’s Liberty Brewing are taking to the road for a trans-Tasman beer launch with a difference.
Each brewery has made a beer under the colours of their national team – a gold IPA for the Aussies and a black IPA for the Kiwis – and they’ll be launching them side by side, tap vs tap, at twelve venues in two countries from the end of October.
To show there’s harmony behind the rivalry (brewers from each brewery travelled to the other to make the beers in true collaborative style, after all), these two beers have been designed to go together in the same glass in a Bledisloe-style black and tan. And here’s where you can find them:
- October 20 – Dutch Trading Co. (WA)
- October 24 – The Catfish (VIC)
- October 25 – Saint John Craft Beer (TAS)
- October 26 – Gilbert Street Hotel (SA)
- October 27 – Brewski (QLD)
- October 28 – Bitter Phew (NSW)
- October 29 – The Durham Castle Arms (ACT)
- October 30 – Up in Smoke (VIC)
New Zealand venues
- November 8 – Rogue & Vagabond, Wellington
- November 9 – The Brewers Co-operative, Auckland
- November 10 – Tonic Bar, Dunedin
- November 11 – Dunedin Craft Beer & Food Festival
They'll be pouring other beers from their respective lineups too.
Crafty Cabal Bonus!
If you're a member of our beer lovers bonus scheme, The Crafty Cabal, then Hawkers will be shouting you your first beer free at each of the Australian venues.
Check the offer in your member's area.