Western Australia is home to some fine brewery venues, with Homestead Brewery among the most spectacular, located on Mandoon Estate at the gateway to the Swan Valley.
They're hiring an assistant brewer so if you'd like to be part of the team, here's what you need to know.
JOB DESCRIPTION: ASSISTANT BREWER (WA)
Homestead Brewery is based in the Swan Valley and is seeking an Assistant Brewer to join the brewery team. We are looking for someone who has a real passion for beer and good knowledge of the craft beer industry. The role will also include hosting brewery tours as well as some front of house hospitality work. Weekend work will be required.
Duties will include:
- Keg deliveries
- Beer and wort lab analysis
- Dry hopping
- Wort production
- Cleaning and servicing beer dispense lines and taps
- Hosting brewery tours
A tertiary brewing qualification or a food science background is preferable, however experience and knowledge is viewed with equal importance. A forklift license and OHS training is also desired.
The following attributes will be an advantage:
- a passion for brewing
- a focus on quality and consistency
- self-motivated team player
- strong learning and problem solving ability
- computer literacy and detailed record keeping ability
- understanding of key quality parameters required to produce high quality beer.
- ability to work quickly and effectively whilst maintaining extremely high standards.
- strong attention to detail.
- capable of conducting quality checks & records.
- proactive & positive attitude.
- strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- excellent work ethic and be willing to continuously get your hands dirty.
- thrive in a busy work environment and capable of performing physically demanding tasks.
This is a permanent full-time role. Candidate must have a full C class driver’s licence.
This position is for an immediate start, and you must already have the right to work and live in Australia to apply.
Please forward Expressions of Interest to email@example.com. All inquiries will be held in strict confidence.