Howard Smith Wharves is transforming part of Brisbane River’s waterfront into a food, drink and entertainment hub for the Queensland capital. The new precinct will include a brewery so the team is searching for a head brewer to lead up brewery operations.
POSITION DESCRIPTION – HEAD BREWER
Set to open in 2018, the Howard Smith Wharves riverfront precinct will transform one of Brisbane's last working wharf precincts into a sustainable, dynamic, world class tourism, recreation, entertainment and events destination where everyone can engage with the past, present and future of Brisbane city.
Within the precinct will be a Brewery operation unique to the Brisbane and greater Queensland brewing scene. Located on the water’s edge in a historical repurposed warehouse, we will focus on producing a range of flavoursome, high quality balanced beers for the people of Brisbane and Queensland.
Right now, Howard Smith Wharves is busy with the construction of the entire precinct and requires the expertise of a highly experienced Head Brewer to come onboard its Brewery operation.
This role as Head Brewer requires a highly experienced industry professional overseeing the build, install and subsequent operation of the brewery. You will be able to work alongside the team to shape our offer and the future direction of the brewery.
The role will require you to:
- Be hands on in the day to day brewing and operations of the brewery.
- Work closely with the General Manager to develop and execute our beer and brewing vision.
- In charge of production planning and execution.
- Manage a team of brewers and support staff
- Represent the brewery and engage directly with our customers and communities in the venue and in trade, at festivals and the wider brewing community.
The ideal brewer will have:
- A passion for brewing consistently high quality, balanced and flavoursome beers
- A safety-first attitude and the ability to instil and maintain safe workplace practices
- Commercial brewing qualifications in Australia or overseas
- Previous experience in the day to day management of a brewing facility
- Experience in recipe development and procurement of ingredients
- The ability to continually develop multiple recipes over time
- Solid grounding in brewery operations, systems, process, including an understanding of end to end supply chain and how cross functions come together to deliver a consistent high-quality product
- Experience in installing and commissioning new equipment or brewery set up preferred but not essential
- Leadership and people skills, with the ability to build, develop and manage a team of brewers + support staff
You will be rewarded with a highly competitive salary package commensurate to your experience and delivery of business results. Relocation assistance may be offered to successful interstate candidates.
If the above sounds like you and you are ready to join our dynamic team and bring your expertise to such an amazing venture from its beginning, please forward your resume and cover letter introducing yourself to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline for applications is Friday, November 17, 2017.