Since 2011, Thunder Road Brewing has released a steady stream of beer from its home in Brunswick.
The brewery is currently looking for a new brewer to help make that beer and, if that sounds like the job for you, here's what you need to know.
JOB DESCRIPTION: BREWER
Thunder Road Brewing Co is located in Brunswick, Victoria, operating a science focused urban brewery manufacturing operation and small pub pilot brewing system.
We are the AIBA Champion Medium Size Australian Brewery 2014 and 2015. Due to growth, we are currently looking for a permanent brewer who will report to the Production Manager, to join our team.
Job tasks and responsibilities:
- Keg production including sign in, cleaning and filling completed to achieve schedule
- Keg filling and cleaning operations on semi-automatic filler
- Performing secondary brewing tasks, including milling and grain out
- Tank and brewery clean in place (CIP)
- Yeast handling, beer separation, filtration, and plant maintenance
- Cellar and fermentation management; including tank sampling and analysis (rostered weekend coverage required)
- Raw materials management; receiving, dispense, rotation and recording
- Maintain cleanliness of all manufacturing areas and complete actions from hygiene audits by due date
- Assist in writing and reviewing SOP's
- Manage projects as delivered by senior Brewers
- Refer to individual project KPIs.
Skills and experience:
- Minimum 2 years' experience in a commercial brewing environment
- 6 months minimum brewing
- Hard working
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently with minimal supervision
- Able to follow SOP's
- Serious attitude to OHS
- Computer literate
- Good communicator
- Brewing or related science qualifications.
Full time and casual options available.
Please send covering letter and resume to: email@example.com.
Please note that applicants must have the right to work in Australia.