Mon Sep 17 2012 by Crafty Pint
It was a quiet week in terms of craft beer events last week – at least according to the Craft Pint Events Diary – so we let the Planner take a week off to recharge the batteries. It looks like it was time well spent as there’s a jam-packed lineup for the coming seven days, with meet the brewer sessions, dinners, beer education sessions and more from coast to coast.
So, if anything below takes your fancy, head to the Events Diary for full details of how to get involved. And if you’ve got anything crafty and beery taking place somewhere in Australia, send the details to email@example.com.
* The Wheaty (above) continues to bring hops, hops and more hops to the people of Radelaide with its Fountain of Hoppiness month.
* McLaren Vale head brewer Jeff Wright is in Freo taking beer and brewing at the Norfolk Hotel.
* Young Henry’s beer comes together with Bloodwood food for a Newtown gourmet extravaganza.
* It’s whisky and beer with a oaky twist at the latest Beer Club at Chapel St Cellars
* Tuck into Moo Brew Pale Ale served five (yes, five) different ways at The Wheaty.
* Red Hill is guest of honour at Ale Stars at The Local Taphouse Darlo.
* While the Ale Stars session at The Local Taphouse St Kilda is all about Mikkeller’s Single Hop Series beers.
* The team at 4 Pines get their 2012 Oktoberfest celebrations underway
* Red Hill takes their NSW roadshow to Harts Pub in The Rocks.
* Goat takes on Holgate at a Battle of the Craft Beer Kings dinner at Melbourne’s Liberteene.
* The Farm Bar returns to Two Metre Tall as part of Tassie’s Tiger Trail Festival (Sunday too).
* There’s a Belgian Beer Face-Off at Carwyn Cellars.
* Bendigo’s marvellous Dispensary Enoteca hosts Beer Masterclass 7.0.
* The Beer Academy Oz tells the people of Melbourne how to judge beer.