Tue Sep 25 2012 by Crafty Pint
From coast to coast, Oktoberfest is in full swing, keeping those Aussies who aren’t in Munich for the real deal content with lashings of Germanic beers, lederhosen, bagels and games. That’s not all that’s going on, of course, but the fests are certainly coming thick and fast.
So if you’re looking for craft beer-themed entertainment over the coming week, here’s a selection. If anything takes your fancy, full details can be found in the Crafty Diary here. And if your event isn’t listed but you wish it was, then send details to email@example.com.
* The Fountain of Hoppiness month – aka tonnes of hoppy beers – continues at The Wheaty
* It’s Australian Craft Beer Fortnight at the Five Bar in Mount Lawley
* Oktoberfest is in full swing at The Monk
* As it is at the newest microbrewery in Melbourne town, the 115 Grill & Brewhouse in Kew
* It’s time for the second Whisky at Wilfred’s session at The Local Taphouse St Kilda. Californian brewer and whisky maker Brendan Moylan, founder of Moylan’s Brewery, will be dropping in via Skype
* As part of Craft Beer Fortnight at Five Bar (see above), Anthony Williams of BEERtasters is holding an Australian craft beer masterclass at the venue
* It’s Oktoberfest time at the Indian Ocean Brewing Company at the Mindarie Marina in Perth. This will feature the brewery’s new range of beers from former 3 Ravens man Dave Brough
* It’s beer and chocolate time in the intimate setting of Mamor High Tea Salon in Collingwood
* The Farm Bar is open again at Two Metre Tall in Tassie’s Derwent Valley.