Tue Oct 23 2012 by Crafty Pint
By any standards, this is a monstrous week for craft beer in Australia. Sydney Craft Beer Week is underway, the Victorian Microbreweries Showcase returns to Fed Square along with a beer to mark the venue’s 10th birthday and the third Australian National Homebrewing Conference gets up and running at the end of the week.
As usual, you’ll find more detail on all the events below in our Events Diary and to have an event of your own listed, simply email details to firstname.lastname@example.org. Anyway, without further ado – the week ahead…
* The Beer Academy explains How To Judge Beer in Sydney.
* The Victorian Microbreweries Showcase returns to Fed Square for another bumper two days. Look out for FedX, the Square’s tenth anniversary beer made as a collaboration by three Victorian brewers (see above).
* It’s Ale Stars time at The Local Taphouse Darlo with Epic Beer in the house.
* For the latest Roxy Presents… at the Junction Beer Hall it’s time for a Victorian showcase.
* Matilda Bay join forces with Sarti for a degustation dinner.
* It’s whisky and beer from Japan at the latest Whisky at Wilfred’s at The Local Taphouse St Kilda.
* Day two of the Victorian Microbreweries Showcase.
* The third Australian National Homebrewing Conference kicks off.
* The Alehouse Project welcomes Brendan from WA’s Champion Brewery Feral to the house for a degustation.
* McLaren Vale head brewer Jeff Wright is at the Duck Inn to talk beer and brewing.
* Having completed their round Oz tour, the Goat team return to their Richmond brewery to bring down the curtains on their 15th birthday tour.
* The Beer & Chocolate Pairing classes launched during Good Beer Week return to Mamor Chocolates in Collingwood.
* The 8th Annual Australian Hotel Beer Festival takes over The Rocks.
* It’s time for Oktooberfest (see what they did there) at the Tooborac Hotel & Brewery.
* And it’s also Oktoberfest at Seven Sheds in Railton in NW Tassie.
* It’s time for beer, wine, cider and beef at Bress Winery and Cidery.
* And for a German themed beer tasting at Carwyn Cellars.
* The Cavalier Courage fundraiser takes place in Melbourne, looking to raise awareness and funds for Motor Neurone Disease.