Dark Mofo is currently turning Hobart inside out and putting a few noses out of joint as it does, which means it's time for Hobart Brewing Company to kick off its fringe festival, SHED YOUR SKIN.
It's the third year the brewery has hosted a fringe music event – offering even more to the tens of thousands of people that descend on the Tasmanian capital.
The aim at SHED YOUR SKIN is to showcase local talent that may not otherwise get the chance to perform, with Dark Mofo focused predominantly on major national and international acts.
The schedule is below, while guests can also look forward to what we're told is "the biggest tap lineup in Tassie" – all brewed at the Macquarie Point brewery. There will be 15 different beers on tap including collaborations with Lark Distillery (a barrel aged Stout Porter) and Willie Smith's (the returning Smoked Apple Bock).
Visitors to Hobart can look out for some dark beer tap takeovers taking place during the festival at The Winston, Lark Distillery bar, IXL Bar, Phat Fish, Tom McHugo's, Jack Greene and Preachers. And you can also check out our Crafty Crawl guide to Hobart beer spots.
SHED YOUR SKIN LINEUP
- THU 14: Vice Captains | Phil Smith & The Lights
- FRI 15: CM3 I Robotikus
- SAT 16: EMS Presents - Airwolf (Melb)
- SUN 17: Close Counters - Hdsn Jms Jnr - Moses Carr
- WED 20: Seth & the Beautiful Chains | Kat Edwards & band
- THU 21: Jed Appleton I CM3 I Elle Schmida
- FRI 22: Little Island I Quivers I DJ MEEM
- SAT 23: Hazey Daze: A Shed Party
- SUN 24: CM3 | Verticoli | A Swayze and the Ghosts | The Lawless Quartet