It's seven years since Two Birds Brewing launched as Australia's first female-owned brewing company, seven years in which they've gone from having their beers brewed for them to owning an ever-expanding brewery and venue, with a hefty swag of trophies collected along the way.
To celebrate, they've brewed a birthday beer (plus a couple of international collabs) and have lined up parties across the country.
Festival of the Bird hits 17 venues across Victoria, New South Wales, Western Australia, Queensland, Northern Territory
and South Australia, all of which will be pouring Bright Copper Kettles Rye IPA, the 6.4 percent birthday beer named after a line in The Sound Of Music we're told has "a complex, caramel-driven malt base and spicy, tropical hop notes from a mix of Slovenian and Australian hops, including Simcoe, Styrian Dragon and Chinook."
The other two new beers were created with London brewers visiting Melbourne for Good Beer Week in May. There's Nugget Session Pale Ale, brewed with Fourpure, and Wild Bird, a double IPA created with Jaega Wise of Wild Card Brewery.
You can join the Birds for a party at their Spotswood home on June 16, where there will be 13 Two Birds beers on tap then also find parties here*:
- 16 June - The Two Birds' Nest, Spotswood
- 20 June - The Stoned Crow, Crows Nest
- 21 June - 1989 Arcade Bar & Kitchen, Newtown
- 21 June - Royal Albert Hotel, Surry Hills
- 22 June - The Catfish, Fitzroy
- 22 June - Bar Josephine, Footscray
- 22 June - Welcome Hotel, Rozelle
- 23 June - Beer DeLuxe Federation Square
- 28 June - Lola's Pergola Darwin
- 1 July - The Sail and Anchor Pub,
- 5 July - Bob's Bar, Perth
- 5 July - Cambrian Hotel Bendigo, Bendigo
- 7 July - Terminus Hotel Fitzroy North,
- Fitzroy North
- 22 July - Wheatsheaf Hotel, Adelaide
- 25 July - Netherworld, Fortitude Valley
*The tour featured event in Newcastle and Alice on June 14 but we didn't know about them in time. Sorry!