Michigan's Jolly Pumpkin Artisan Ales has built quite the reputation for itself on the back of the brewery's traditional farmhouse style beers, loved by beer geeks and welcome dining table guests too.
Much the same can be said for Melbourne's La Sirène, so should it be any wonder the two breweries would want to collaborate together?
Way back in April 2017, La Sirène's Costa Nikias got together with Jolly Pumpkin's Ron Jeffries in the latter's Dexter brewery and the two farmhouse fans brewed a beer that's now ready for release.
The beer, Costa Dei Villa, will be launched at Mr West on September 1 along with a new release from La Sirène called the Saison Dragon.
From 2pm, Costa will be hosting a farmhouse masterclass at the Footscray bar and tickets ($45pp) get you a Citray Sour on arrival, tastings of five limited release beers from the two breweries plus bar snacks from Mr West.
- The Costa Dei Villa collaboration
- La Sirène's Saison Dragon. Single hop saison
- La Sirène's Farmhouse Noir. Dark farmhouse sour ale
- Jolly Pumpkin's Oro de Calabaza. Oak aged Belgian golden ale
- Jolly Pumpkin and Bastone Brewery's Co-Operation Ale. Flanders Red/Belgian Tripel Blend
All those beers will be pouring across the weekend too so you can still grab them if you miss out on the masterclass. For as long as they last anyway...