The brewers at New Zealand's Kereru make some mighty fine beers and, earlier this year, took out Champion Small International Brewery at the Australian International Beer Awards.
The team at Whisky & Alement are big fans and, unsurprisingly given the nature of the venue, they have a particular penchant for their beers that have spent time in barrels.
On October 24, the Melbourne bar is hosting the brewery's founder Chris Mills and head brewer Emma Bell for a night exploring whisky barrel aged beers and New Zealand single malt whiskies.
Tickets cost $60pp, which gets you a guided tasting through one impressive lineup of malty treats from Aotearoa.
- Kereru Paloma - Whisky barrel aged barleywine 2017
- Kereru Paloma - Whisky barrel aged barleywine 2018
- Kereru Night Spirit - Whisky barrel aged imperial stout
- New Zealand Whisky Co - Double Wood 16 Year Old Single Malt Whisky
- Thomson Whisky - Manuka Smoked Single Malt Progress Report
- Workshops Whisky - Single Malt Virgin Oak
Whisky & Alement is located at 270 Russell Street, Melbourne.