The team behind the BeerFest series of major outdoor beer festivals has a busy few months ahead with no less than six BeerFests taking place across Australia.
First up is the one with which they cut their teeth and remains a jewel in their crown.
The Fremantle BeerFest (or Freo BeerFest as it's more commonly known) is a proudly parochial affair, with stalls open to WA producers only.
Given the size of the state's burgeoning industry, that means guests can chat to and sample from 50 brewers, cider makers and distillers who all call WA home. You can view the full lineup of brewers – plus festival highlight beers – via the online program here.
Aside from that, there's a plethora of other entertainment, with a musical lineup headlined by Phil Jamieson of Grinspoon and Daft Punk Tribute act Discovery plus a comedy stage, brewers forums and masterclasses, heaps of gourmet food stalls and kids entertainment.
It runs from the evening of November 9 through to Sunday arvo with sessions as follows:
- Friday, Nov 9 – 6pm to 11pm – tickets starting from $22pp
- Saturday, Nov 10 – 1pm to 9pm – tickets starting from $39pp
- Sunday, Nov 11 – midday to 5pm – tickets starting from $26pp
Freo BeerFest takes place in Esplanade Park, Fremantle.
Future BeerFest Dates
The BeerFest team is crisscrossing the country over the coming months. Here's where they're making the remainder of their stops:
• Moonee Valley Racecourse, Melbourne – November 24, 2018
• Centennial Parklands, Sydney – December 1, 2018 (new in 2018)
• Royal Park, Launceston – December 31, 2018
• Elizabeth Quay, Perth – January 18 to 20, 2019 (new in 2019)
• Catani Gardens, Melbourne – March 2, 2019