A Little Taste Of Aotearoa brings the wonderful beers of New Zealand to Australia and showcases them at venues across the country in February.
The celebration of Kiwi beer will feature the tapping of many beers never before been seen in Australia, plus it offers the chance to meet visiting brewers from the Land of the Long White Cloud.
The breweries involved include the likes of 8 Wired, Epic, The Sawmill Brewery, Hallertau, Fork and Brewer, North End Brewing, ParrotDog, Garage Project, Croucher, Duncan's and more.
Different events will be taking place at different times from the start of February, with many of the celebrations held on Waitangi Day on February 6.
Meet the brewer sessions are as follows:
- February 6: Duncan's Brewing Tap Takeover at Carwyn Cellars
- Meet George Duncan, brewer and owner of Duncan's Brewing and enjoy some of his beers in Australia for the first time.
- February 7: Duncan's Brewing Tap Takeover at the Hop Temple Ballarat
- The following day George is off to Ballarat for a session at the city's Hop Temple.
- February 7: Better Science through Beer at The Catfish
- Paul Croucher has a PhD in chemistry as well as knowing a thing or two about making great beer. If you want to pick his brain about science and beer, The Catfish will be hosting Paul for an intimate meet the brewer session. Details here.
- February 8: Better Science through Beer at Mr West
- Or, if you're in Melbourne's west, you can head to Mr West to meet the man behind Croucher Brewing when he calls in on Friday.