Beer DeLuxe Federation Square will once again be transformed into the Festival Hub for the duration of Good Beer Week, with a host of events taking place throughout the week-long celebration.
With two beer gardens, myriad taps, Sydney's Bar Luca hosting a pop-up and the festival's Trade Hub located upstairs, festival-goers will find no shortage of ways to get involved in #GBW19 action at Beer DeLuxe.
So, what's on at the hub?
- Opening Night Party. GBW's official launch party will see friendly faces from across the beer industry come together for a night of boogying and beer. Disco-party-fun band, Sugar Fed Leopards are playing live and Beer DeLuxe is pouring a tap list of amazing beer, including those from the festival breweries; Modus Operandi, Bridge Road Brewers, Boatrocker, and Balter.
- Grandad's Supper: Straight Outta Brooklyn. A stalwart of Good Beer Week, this beergustation is taking a trip to Brooklyn this year. Enjoy a four-course, New York-inspired dinner, matched with some of Brooklyn’s finest brews.
- The Big Smoke: Beers & BBQs. Spend the afternoon enjoying smoked meats and BBQ plus epic burgers from Sydney's legendary Bar Luca. Beers will be pouring from the official festival breweries at Bridge Road, Boatrocker, Balter and Modus Operandi.
- Share The Rare Featuring Boatrocker. Join Matt Houghton, Boatrocker's co-founder and head brewer, to taste your way through six epic Boatrocker beers from the cellar. Each beer is specially paired with a grazing menu designed by Beer DeLuxe's head chef.
- Vegan Beer Tasting With 3 Ravens. 3 Ravens' head brewer Brendan O'Sullivan will be guiding you through five 3 Ravens brews, all matched with vegan canapés.
- AIBA After Party. Head down to Beer DeLuxe after the Australian International Beer Awards to rub shoulders with the recently declared champions of the Australian (and international) beer world.
- Hair Of The Dog: The Sours That Be. Good Beer Week's longest-standing events is back. Join Bridge Road, Sailors Grave and Boatrocker for an epic brekkie featuring some of their best sour brews.
- Closing Night & Hospo Party. The festival might be drawing to a close but there's still time left to celebrate good beer. Join the Beer Deluxe team as they say seeya to another year of GBW.