The Good Family Scratch and the Children of Darkness are calling to us.
They've released their signature preview video. They've amassed and stockpiled and hoarded all the liquid blackness that their barns could hold.
And soon, they will become one with the darkness.
The Weekend of Darkness returns for the seventh year running at The Scratch to grace us with its heavenly presence. Prepare your palate for all manner of black brews, ales, porters, stouts, barrel aged, infused, sweet, dry, roasty, salty, smoky, but dark... always dark.
Playing out across five separate sessions of malty mayhem, the Darkness weekend will start with a preview night on July 12, followed by the main event with two sessions each day on both Saturday and Sunday.
The legends from Mongrel will be dishing up a special pop-up menu too in order to fill your bellies with hearty treats.
Expect the bar to be decked out in the cult theme of the weekend. Expect the staff to be fully immersed in their deepest, highest, wettest state. Expect people to flock from far and wide to join the Family.
Surrender to salvation. Surrender to Stout.
THE 2019 BEER LIST
- 3 Ravens Brewery [VIC] + Brouhaha Brewery[QLD] Whisky B.A. Imperial Stout
- 8 WIRED BREWING [NZ] “iStout Affogato” Coffee Lactose Stout
- Aether Brewing [QLD] Peanut Butter Imperial Stout - 9%
- AleSmith Brewing Company [USA] “Speedway Stout” Imperial Coffee Stout - 12%
- Archer Brewing [QLD] Triple Chocolate Stout - 4.8%
- Batch Brewing Company [NSW] “Campos Milk Stout” Coffee Milk Stout on Nitro - 4.4%
- Black Hops Brewing + SCRATCH [QLD] “Beetle Juice”Black NEIPA - 6%
- Boatrocker Brewers & Distillers [VIC] “Coffee Ramjet” Imperial Stout w/ Coffee - 11.2%
- Brewski [SWEDEN] “Silent Whisper”Imperial Stout w/ Coconut - 10%
- Brewski [SWEDEN] “Chocolate Chipotle Cloud” Chilli Chocolate Imperial Stout-12.5%
- Brewtal Brewers+ Newstead Brewing Co. [QLD] “B.A. Leshy” Mezcal B.A. American Stout - 9.5%
- Bridge Road Brewers [VIC] “B2 Bomber Mach 9.0”Belgian Dark Ale - 12%
- Deschutes Brewery [USA] “Black Mirror” American Black Barleywine - 13%
- Deepwater Brewing [NSW] “Ghost in the Fog” Imperial Spiced Black Ale - 10%
- Evil Twin Brewing [USA] “Imperial Biscotti Break” Imperial Stout w/ Coffee & Almond - 12%
- Felons Brewing Co.[QLD] Imperial Stout - 10%
- Garage Beer Co [SPAIN] “No/Country” Imperial Stout w/ Coffee - 10%
- Garage Project [NZ] “Cabbages & Kings” Oyster Stout - 12.1%
- Hallertau Brewery [NZ] “Porter Noir” Red Wine B.A. Porter - 6.6%
- Hawkers Beer [NSW] Cognac B.A. Barleywine - 10.4%
- Helios Brewing Company [QLD] “Kronos” Imperial Stout - 10%
- Hop Nation [VIC] “Kalash” Whisky B.A. Peated Rusian Imperial Stout - 9.8%
- Jester King Brewery [USA] “Black Metal” Farmhouse Imperial Stout - 9.3%
- KAIJU Beer+ SCRATCH [VIC] “The Lurking Fear” Hoppy Stout - 6.5%
- LERVIG [NORWAY] “Coconuts” Coconut maple vanilla imperial stout - 12.5%
- Modus Operandi Brewing Co. [NSW] Bourbon B.A. Russian Imperial stout
- Mongrel [QLD] “Cup o’ Mud” Vanilla + Oatmeal Stout on Nitro - 5.8%
- Moon Dog Craft Brewery [VIC] “Black Lung IX” Smoky Stout
- Mornington Peninsula Brewery [VIC] “O.P.S. III” Cognac Barrel Aged Imperial Stout
- MOO BREW [TAS] Archie Rose whiskey B.A. Imperial Stout - 10.8%
- NEWSTEAD+BREWTAL+ Bunker Coffee [QLD] “Yirg” 1YO Coffee Imperial Stout - 8.3%
- NEWSTEAD [QLD] “Winder Garden” Oat Milk Stout - 4.6%
- Range Brewing [QLD] “One” Imperial Cookie Dough Marshmallow Stout - 9%
- Red Hill Brewery [VIC] “PANCHO” Mole Imperial Stout - 8.1%
- Slipstream Brewing Company + Beenleigh Distilling [QLD] B.A. Baltic Porter - 9.5%
- The Bruery [USA]“WHITE CHOCOLATE” Cocoa + Vanilla Barleywine- 13.8%
- White Lies Brewing+SCRATCH [QLD]“Life is Pain Au Chocolate” Nutella Crossiant Pastry Stout - 5.7%