It's either the only logical conclusion to the craze for pastry stouts or a bout of mild idiocy on the part of the Carwyn Cellars crew.
Either way, if you like your stouts pastried and your pastries, well, pastried, there's nowhere you'll want to be more than the Thornbury venue's 24 hour bakery.
They've lined up a stack of artery-troubling beers from brewers near and far and are pairing them with custom-made pastries from some of the Melbourne's finest.
And, completing the madness of this one-off event, it all starts at midnight...
Yes, the main course (or main dessert, at least) runs from midnight to 9am on August 17, with $100 tickets getting you the following pastry and brewery pairings:
- Lune Croissanterie (Fitzroy) & Garage Project (NZ)
- Northcote Bakeshop (Northcote) & Tallboy and Moose (Preston)
- Ovens Street Bakery (Fitzroy) & 3 Ravens (Thornbury)
- Eat Cannoli (Preston) & Evil Twin (USA)
- Icecream Social (Thornbury) & The Bruery (USA)
- Publiquebakery (Preston) & To Øl (Denmark)
- Rustica Sourdough Bakery & Cafe (Fitzroy) & Uiltje Brewing Company(Netherlands)
- Little Bertha (Abbotsford) & Dugges Bryggeri /Omnipollo (Sweden)
The remainder of the taps will be pouring pastry-inspired beers too and, once the overnight session is over, the public will be allowed in to tuck into what remains.