It's Australian Wild Month at Carwyn Cellars, and as well as pouring all kinds of wild beers all month long, they're running a few special events through October.
This weekend is all about Dollar Bill Brewing.
This Ballarat brewery released their first beer at the beginning of last year: a pseudo-Lambic blend containing beer featuring liquids up to four-years-old. It was a brave move, and one that they pulled off with finesse.
Carwyn have been all over Dollar Bill from the get-go, and reckon they've more than earned their reputation as one of the top wild ale producers in Australia; a trophy with their first core range beer at The Indies this year didn't hurt either.
So on Saturday from midday, Carwyn will be showcasing 13 of Dollar Bill's wild creations on tap. Entry is free, while there's a masterclass too (but you have to pay for that one – see below).
ON TAP FROM MIDDAY:
- Grand Cru 2018 - mixed fermentation blended wild ale
- Dog de Bordeaux - barrel aged wild ale fermented on pyrenees grapes
- Cider Rouge - 12-month wild cider refermented with Mouvedre grapes
- June Plum & Mango Sour - golden sour with June plums & mangoes
- Pressed Skin Sour 2019 - blended wild ale refermented with Mouvedre grapes
- Strawberry & Lime Cider - wild cider rested on fresh strawberries & lime zest
- Winter Parlay 2019 - wild fermented botanical sour ale
- Belgian-Australian Bitter - Belgian style bitter ale with aged hops and Australian aromatic hops
- Australian Wild Ale - 100% native yeast fermented and aged in pinot barrels
- Cider BA Baltic Porter - unblended Baltic porter aged in cider barrels for 12 months
- Learning to Breathe - wild barrel aged golden sour
- Spring Parlay 2019 - sour red ale aged in Apassimento desert wine barrels
- Raspberry & Rhubarb Sour - barrel aged sour ale rested on fresh rhubarb and raspberries
DOLLAR BILL MASTERCLASS
Want more? You got it.
Carwyn has also invited Dollar Bill's owners Ed and Fi Nolle to run a masterclass event to delve deeper into Dollar Bill and their incredible beers. The masterclass includes a guided tasting of eight of their beers (150ml serving size) served with charcuterie.
Masterclass tickets cost $50pp, with the class kicking off at 2pm.