The Indies is the annual beer competition run by the Independent Brewers Association (IBA).
It's the largest of its kind in the country focused solely on beers from independent Australian breweries and this year judging will be carried out in October.
As well as trophies for the best beers and breweries, awards will also be handed out for Service To The Industry, Young Gun Of The Year, Community Initiative Of The Year and True Indie Supporter.
Due to the challenges set down by COVID-19, the 2020 awards will only feature packaged, not keg / draught, beers.
UPDATE: The IBA has also decided to extend the deadline for entries by two weeks to September 16. See new timeline below.
And, in the interest of safety and to ensure the awards will go ahead, judging will take place at smaller locations around the country rather than one central location, allowing for judging to be carried out in smaller groups without the need for excessive travel.
- July 22 – Entries Open
- September 16 – Competition entries close
- September 25 – Labels sent to entering breweries
- September 22 to 24 – Deliveries to WA state depot
- September 28 to October 2 – Deliveries to TAS, SA, NSW & QLD depots
- October 5 to 9 – Victoria deliveries and last chance entries to Chill Melbourne
- October 19 to 23 – Stock to judging locations
- October 28 to November 4 – Judging
- TBA – The Indies announcements
NB Dates are subject to change.
Entering breweries need to make sure they are familiar with the Entry Guidelines, and Style Guidelines before entering.