In times of uncertainty, it's nice to have something dependable on which to lean – something like, say, a madcap peated stout...
Now into its tenth incarnation, Moon Dog's annual barrel-aged Black Lung is always worthy of attention, be it bastardised by bourbon, tequila, rum, cognac or whatever other spirit.
This year's version – labelled "X" in the classic Roman tradition – has been done in Islay Whisky barrels and is being touted as the "biggest, booziest, smokiest, Black Lungiest" Black Lung yet – and at 12 percent ABV it's hard to imagine they're wrong.
If you'd like to be amongst the first to taste it, they're hosting an epic five course degustation dinner matched with five Moon Dog beers. For entertainment, co-founder Karl and brewing mastermind Macca will take you through the boozy banquet and regale you with tall tales of the past decade.
To tempt you further, here's a preview of the menu:
- Oyster, Worcestershire & smoked bacon paired with Black Lung X
- Tempura prawn, yuzu mayonnaise & togarashi spice paired with Pilhouse Van Houten Bohemian Pilsner
- Smoked mushroom parfait, charcoal cone, sour cream & dark chocolate paired with My Nets, My Bats, Mike Hussey and Howzat! West Coast IPA
- Indonesian spiced spatchcock, coconut, cashew, pickled cucumber & green chilli paired with Starward Whiskey Barrel-Aged Barley Wine
- Doughnut, chocolate ice cream, pear & cinnamon paired with Black Lung X
Book your spot at the table here.