Pint of Origin has been The Crafty Pint’s corner of Good Beer Week since 2012.
It’s there to showcase the best beers from Australia and the rest of the world, with bars and pubs across Melbourne welcoming scores of brewers through their doors too.
As well as weeklong tap takeovers, venues are celebrating with a bunch of pop-up events and here's what's on the agenda for Saturday, May 15:
- Mr West. Collective Experience. The Footscray legends are teaming up with Collective Arts to throw a huge party with a tap takeover and collaboration beer launch that will feature live music and a live mural painting.
- The Catfish. Garage Party. The Catty is opening with a massive party featuring Garage Project beers across all their taps.
- Carwyn Cellars. The Bruery: Society Rarities. The Thornbury good beer haunt will be showcasing the best from the American barrel brewers at The Bruery.
- The Park. The Gold Standard. The Gold Coast heads to The Park with a full tap takeover of the Goldies finest frothies.
- The Cherry Tree. Sailors Grave Regatta. Sailors Grave come aboard with eight taps for a fabulous afternoon of mini-games and shenanigans, culminating in the Sailors Grave Regatta: a remote-controlled boat race with plenty of beer to be won.
- The Terminus. Meat The Brewers. An event where all your beer, meat and cheese dreams can come true, featuring beers from Boatrocker, Deeds, Future Mountain and Hop Nation.
- Beermash. Amundsen Dessert In A Can Showcase. Beermash host Norwegian brewery Amundsen Bryggeri showcasing their Dessert In A Can Series across their taps while also pouring beers from Sweden's Brewski.
Due to COVID restrictions, please check with each individual venue's social media for opening hours, bookings and check-in requirements.