For the past six years, Cryer Malt has been hosting Brewery Startup Panels hosted by The Crafty Pint at major events across Australia.
Following their sixth such session at Good Beer Week in Melbourne, they're back in Perth as part of the WA Beer & Brewing Conference at the Claremont Showgrounds on June 11.
It's a chance for anyone new to the world of commercial brewing, or looking to launch a brewing company, to hear from experts drawn from across a broad spectrum of the beer, retail and hospitality industry.
- Danielle Allen – founder, Two Birds Brewing)
- Steve Russell – founder, Blasta Brewing
- Bronte O'Donoghoe – marketing manager, Feral Brewing
- Elliot Moore – owner, Besk and Mane Liquor
- Marcus Taylor – Studio Papa branding and design agency
- Scott Bristow – Cryer Malt & Yakima Chief Hops
- MC – Guy Southern – writer at The Crafty Pint and WA beer all-rounder
The panel runs from 3pm to 4pm in the Seminar Room with topics typically covered including:
- The challenges facing brewery startups today
- Designing your lineup – do core ranges still matter?
- How COVID has changed the landscape for brewing companies
- Successful brewing company models & the marketplace
- Sourcing and managing ingredients & equipment
- Creating and building a successful brand
- Building an audience: selling, marketing and distributing your beer
- Sources of funding
- Scaling up your brewery
Anyone keen to attend can buy a ticket for the WA Beer & Brewing Conference and enjoy the full program, which runs from 9am to 4pm, followed by drinks before the Perth Royal Beer Show Awards.
You can check out the panel from Good Beer Week 2021 here. NB There might be the odd rude word...