Pint of Origin returns this May, bringing the world of beer to Melbourne for a tenth time.
The hugely popular event – first introduced by The Crafty Pint at Good Beer Week 2012 – runs from May 20 to 28, 2022.
Seventeen craft-focused bars and pubs across the Victorian capital will be hosting brewers and beers from all parts of Australia, as well as New Zealand, the USA, Canada, Asia, the UK, Europe and Scandinavia. And there's a home for brewing companies without a home of their own too: the Pint of No Origin.
After two years in which opportunities to explore the wider world of beer have been severely limited, it's a great chance to get together with mates and plan a #PoOCrawl across the city.
Along the way, you'll get to sample old favourites, rarities and beers never seen before in Australia, with a nine-day program also featuring themed showcases, beer launches, the (sold out) Pint of Origin IPA Blind Tasting Championship, #PoO Passports and more, all while enjoying the hospitality at some of Melbourne's very best venues.
#DEMOCRACYPOO! Download a How To Drink card to share with beer-loving mates ahead of the May 21 election to ensure they're drinking a delicious #democracypint – whether celebrating or commiserating!
Pint of Origin 2022 – The Venues
Here's where you'll be able to taste the world of beer across Melbourne this May...
- The Royston, Richmond – WA
- The Palace, South Melbourne – SA
- The Terminus, Fitzroy North – Melbourne
- The Cherry Tree, Cremorne – Regional VIC
- The Lincoln, Carlton – Tasmania
- The Rainbow, Fitzroy – Sydney
- The Woodlands Hotel, Coburg – Regional NSW
- The Park, Abbotsford – Queensland
- Miss Moses, Brunswick – The Territories
- The Catfish, Fitzroy – New Zealand
- Benchwarmer, North Melbourne – Asia
- Mr West, Footscray – Canada
- Carwyn Cellars, Thornbury – USA
- Whitehart Bar, Melbourne – UK
- Beermash, Collingwood – Scandinavia
- Westside Ale Works, South Melbourne – Continental Europe
- The Windsor Alehouse, Windsor – Pint of No Origin