Prepare to go to helles and back as Near & Far hosts its Oktoberfest celebration.
From October 5 to 8, the Fitzroy boozer will become a Bavarian beer hall for an extended weekend of top German (and German-style) beer, food and fun times.
There'll be 14 different Oktoberfest beers on offer, from home and abroad, with the star turn being a firkin of a new collaboration between Near & Far and Burnley Brewing.
That cask will be tapped in the traditional manner on the evening of October 5 to kick off proceedings, then you can get stuck into this lot over the ensuing days and nights:
- Weltenburger - Spezial Festbier
- Schneider Weisse - Festweisse
- Schneider Weisse - Mein Aventinus Doppelbock
- Rothaus - Tannenzapfle Pils
- Fruh - Kolsch
- Bayreuther Bierbrauerei - Helles
- Weihenstephan - Kellerbier
- Molly Rose - Munich Helles Lager
- Burnley Brewing X Range Brewing - Kristall Weizen
- Burnley Brewing X Shapeshifter - Dunkel
- Burnley Brewing X Sailors Grave - Leipziger Gose
- Burnley Brewing X Cornella - Bock
- Burnley Brewing X Mountain Culture - Rauch Weizen
- Burnley Brewing - Marzen
In case you doubted it, we can confirm the beers will be available by the stein, and there will high quality beer-food in the form of pretzels, kransky dogs and currywurst from the pros at JollyGood.
And, if you've not busted out the lederhosen or dirndl in a while, make sure you break into the costume box and give it the annual airing in the appropriate setting.