There's never been a better time to be a brewer or beer lover in Australia.
But that doesn't mean it can't be better still!
So, here at The Crafty Pint, we decided to launch a national day in celebration of craft beer.
It's called Craft Beer Rising and the idea is simple: we just want brewers, beer lovers and the venues that support great Aussie beer to get together and raise a glass in honour of the beer revolution sweeping the land.
Or, as we say on the posters:
"Celebrating local beer from local brewers at the best local venues."
With so many demands on brewers, in particular, these days, we've tried to make it as simple as possible. No need to setup big events, travel, sell tickets and so on - just open your doors and share a beer with your guests if you're a brewer or turn your taps over to all Aussie craft beer (or even your home state's beer) for the day.
We're not suggesting participants can't do more, but we want it to be as easy as possible to take part so we can make as much noise and have as much impact as possible.
The Craft Beer Rising Manifesto
Here are some ideas on how you could spend the day:
- Head to your nearest brewery and share a beer with the brewer.
- Go to your nearest participating venue pouring all Aussie beer for the day and join in the fun.
- Take a trip down Memory Lane with the first Australian craft beer you ever enjoyed.
- Gift a bottle or glass of your favourite Aussie craft beer to a mate who claims they don'??t like beer.
- If all your local venues sell crap beer, gift the landlord a bottle of your favourite Aussie craft beer and suggest they get with the program.
You can keep track of all Risings at the Craft Beer Rising website - look out for a photo competition on the site too.
Time to rise up in support of great local beer!