The South Australian brewing scene certainly is bounding along. What was only a handful of small brewers has recently become an overflowing bucket, and the team at the Benjamin on Franklin are doing their part o help it along.
On Thursday, August 6, they're hosting a dark beer dinner with a difference in that all the beers are local.
Here's what to expect...
- Kangaroo tartare, natural oyster, black garlic with Pirate Life stout
- Twice baked cheese soufflé, onion, celery, rocket, walnuts with Goodieson brown ale
- Boudin Noir, pumpkin, horseradish, barley with Barossa Valley ‘Christmas Pudding’ porter
- Venison, chanterelle mushrooms, peas, smoke potato puree with Lobethal Bierhaus chocolate oatmeal stout
- Cheesecake, almonds, pop rocks, 56% chocolate with Clare Valley Brewing ‘Bring Out the Gimp’ mocha stout
Tickets are $85 per person and can be booked by phoning 08 8231 4380.