It's time for The Alehouse Project to send your lupulin sensors to their threshold and beyond once more.
Hopfest 9 returns to the Brunswick East bar for another week of high IBU, palate-teasing – and potentially shredding – action.
This time around, the bar has lined up 19 of Australia's best breweries and invited them to showcase their latest hop-driven beers featuring a number of one-off event beers and some official beer launches.
Unfortunately, BrewCult was a late withdrawal but has been replaced with a second beer from New England.
The breweries and their beers are:
- 7 cent Brewery "I Bruges U" Hoppy Bruin
- Blackman's Brewery "Rye Dark Lager"
- Black Dog Brewery "Imperialistic Hound" Imperial Dark Lager
- Bridge Road Brewers "Coffee IPA"
- Cavalier Brewing "Pan Galactic Gargle Buster" Double IPA
- Dainton Family Brewery "Brown Eye Rye" American Brown Ale
- Exit Brewing "#010" West Coast IPA
- Holgate Brewhouse "The Crosby Idaho Experimental #4" SMaSH
- HopDog BeerWorks "Shizzamm Mk2" Double IPA
- Illawarra Brewing Company "Resin Dog" Session IPA
- Merri Mashers Home Brew Club "Red Right Hand" Red IPA
- Moon Dog Craft Brewery "Nukebox Hero" IPA
- Mornington Peninsula Brewery "Fritz" German IPA
- Noisy Minor Brewing Company "Admiral Ackbar" Anti Imperial Red
- New England Brewing Company "Hop Cannon" 2015 American IPA
- New England Brewing Company "Frederick" American Brown Ale
- Prancing Pony Brewery "Hopworks Orange" American Pale Ale
- Red Duck Brewery "Double Dragon" Double IPA
- Red Hill & Bright Brewery Bright Red Belgian IPA with hibiscus
- Two Birds Brewing "Blacker Shade of Pale" Black Ale
- Two Metre Tall "Forester" 2015 Bitter Amber Ale