If beer is just one of the finely crafted products you're partial to, The Craft & Co is putting on an event that ought to be right up your alley.
As part of the Melbourne Food and Wine Festival, the all-encompassing venue – with its brewery, distillery, cured meats and cheese rooms, amongst other things – will be showcasing a range of artisan products through a series of interactive workshops. They'll be digging into the heart, soul and skill it takes to make high quality spirits, wine, cheese and more.
There'll be experts on hand to guide you through each of six different fields, as follows:
- Spirit appreciation and tasting – Nigel Weisbaum (Archie Rose Distilling Co.)
- Wine appreciation and tasting – Kate Allen & Jane Caneva (Rob Dolan Wines & Winestock)
- Cheese demonstration – Giorgio Linguanti (That’s Amore Cheese)
- Sausages/Salumi demonstration – James Mele (The Meat Room)
- Passata workshops – Adrienne Marson (Home Make It)
- Beer appreciation and tasting – Greg Mace (FB*PROPAK)
As well as learning all about how the produce comes together, you'll get to tuck into it properly during a lunch feast curated and created by Dom Marzano from The Craft & Co.
Tickets for this all day, multi-faceted event are can be booked through the MFWF website.