Let's face it, autumn is probably everyone's least favourite season. It brings to an end those gloriously warm and bright evenings and marks the coming of months of dark cold mornings where you really, really don't want to get out of bed.
Still, where there's change there's cause for celebration and where there's a celebration there's beer. And as far as beer-based celebrations are concerned, few do it as well as the team at Bitter Phew.
To mark the arrival of autumn they're throwing the taps open to a quite eclectic range of beers that's not so clearly defined as their big winter dark beer or spring sour showcase. The autumn selection is loosely inspired by Belgium but ending up just being supplemented by a bunch of their favourites:
- Red Hill – Temptation Belgian Strong 2014
- Prairie Standard – Saison/Farmhouse Ale
- Bridge Road – B2 Mach 5.0 Belgian Black IIPA
- Stone / Monkey Paw / Juli Goldenbeg – 24 Carrot Golden Ale Belgian Strong Pale Ale
- Kaiju! / Exit – Schopsh Scotch Ale
- Alvinne – Beer Geek Wedding Sour Ale
- De Molen – Bommen & Granaten Barley Wine
- New England – Priscilla Pilliga Desert Lime Gose
- Bridge Road – Magical Christmas Unicorn Dessert Beer
It's a weekend-long showcase starting at midday on Saturday March 12 and running through 'til around midnight on the Sunday.