The nationwide release of Stone & Wood's annual Stone Beer is upon us and 2016 will see a full calendar of celebratory events: tap takeovers, beer dinners, 'Dark & Salty' beer evenings and more.
This year's edition has been made from ingredients collected from around the country over several months as the brewer went on an almost-national mission to do some good by cleaning up beaches. Combining the assorted ingredients with the old style brewing method of adding wood-fired stones to the kettle, the resulting brew is a dark beer with "a rich roasted cocoa aroma, caramel sweetness and dry finish".
You'll be able to get a taste at the following events (with more to follow):
- 27 May – Stone Beer 2016 Tap Takeover | Farrier Bar, Brisbane
- 2 June - Stone Beer Dinner, Oysters & Three Course Beer Pairing | Five Bar, Perth
- 3 June - Dark & Salty, Stone Beer & Oysters | LallaRookh, Perth
- 3 June – Dark & Salty, Stone Beer & Oysters | Benjamin on Franklin, Adelaide
- 8 June – Charing Cross Stone Beer Dinner | Charing Cross, Sydney
- 12 June – Stone Beer Tap Takeover | Clever Little Tailor, Adelaide
- 21 June – Stone Beer Dinner | Prince Alfred Hotel, Booval