July 21st 11:00am
Last year Melbourne's Belgian Beer Cafe held an event for which, to celebrate the Belgian national day, they invited a handful of Aussie brewers to try their hand at a new Belgian style beer to be released on the day. It went down well. So well, in fact, that they're doing it again - and inviting more brewers to take part.
So it will be that on Friday July 21 the following Victorian brewers will be paying homage to one of the traditional homes of beer by launching something brand new and Belgian in nature with a lineup that looks like this:
- Bad Shepherd – Tangerine, mandarin and cardamom infused wheat beer
- West City Brewing – Belgian pale ale
- 3 Ravens – Belgian Tripel
- Hop Nation – Barrel aged Flanders red ale infused with cherries
- Holgate - Dark Saison
- Red Hill - Belgian Dubbel with all Belgian ingredients
- Valhalla Brewing - Blueberry chocolate stout
The brewers will be there to share a beer and see what you think of their efforts.
Entry is free, but if you fancy being organised you can buy a $45 ticket in advance which gets you one of each of the beers. That can be done here.
NB There's an early bird discount of $10 when buying those tickets online too!