How do you fancy brewing more than 50 different beers each and every year? That's what the Dainton brewers do, releasing a new beer every week.
You can join them as they look to take on another brewer.
JOB DESCRIPTION: BREWER
Dainton Brewery is after an experienced and enthusiastic brewer to join the family at the brewery and taphouse in Carrum Downs. We run a 30HL, 3-vessel system, Cask ACS-1 and we package a new and exciting beer every week of the year. We also love to make great beer and focus on producing the best quality beers we can. We are a growing and innovative company and we’re looking for a positive and open-minded brewer to join us for the ride!
Daily duties are shared amongst the team and will include but are not limited to the following tasks:
- Wort Production/Brewhouse operation
- Stock movement to bar and for external distribution
- Cellar management
- Tank & equipment cleaning
- Packaging – Cans, bottles and Kegs
- Barrel aging and blending
- Recipe development
- Beer festivals and other events
Our ideal candidate must have:
- Minimum 2 Years of Commercial Brewery Experience and ideally 5 years or more
- Someone who has worked in larger production breweries would be preferred
- Ability to work in a small team and have excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong work ethic
- Be Physically Fit (willing and able to perform Labour intensive work)
- Willingness to learn and being open to new ideas
- Strong troubleshooting skills as well as being resourceful and resilient
- A keen eye and attention to detail
- Ability to multitask
- IBD or Federation University Grad Cert courses are of advantage
- Be flexible and able to work around changing production schedules -this will include shift work and some weekends
- Forklift License (preferable)
This Role is a permanent full time position. Typically Monday to Friday with occasional requirements for weekend work/events.
Salary will be negotiated with the successful applicant based on previous experience & skills.
Please include with your application:
- Cover letter detailing prior relevant experience
- Up to date resume
Date of closure for applications is September 4, 2019.
Send applications to email@example.com.