Core Cider is an award-winning producer situated on 40 acres of orchards in the Perth Hills, just 35 minutes from the city's CBD.
They are looking to take on a new, enthusiastic cider maker to lead production.
JOB DESCRIPTION: CIDER MAKER (WA)
Venue: Core Cider House
An award-winning cider producer and exciting 4th generation tourism and hospitality venue situated on orchards only 35 minutes from the Perth CBD in the Perth Hills. Core specialises in craft ciders, an ‘orchard to table’ restaurant & cellar door with orchard experiences plus as a modern rustic wedding destination.
To achieve our aim at Core Cider to make the best Aussie ciders straight from our orchards we are now looking for an enthusiastic Cider Maker to join our team and champion our quality award winning ciders. The right person will lead the cider production with total responsibility for micro and analytical quality and reporting directly to the director and owners.
WHAT YOU WILL BRING
It is expected that the applicant will have a relevant degree/ diploma in either wine science, brewing or similar qualifications, along with the following:
- Minimum 3 years in similar role or 6 years in supporting assistance role
- Proven track record in outstanding production systems and quality product
- Superior verbal & written communication skills with a focus on continuous improvement & solutions focus
- FMCG packaging line experience would be highly regarded
- An experience and understanding of Work Health & Safety
- Ability to lead, engage & motivate employees
- Planning & managing the orchard, inclusive but not limited to varietal fruit assessments, pinpointing the right time to harvest.
- Manage harvest transport, receival & evaluation of fruit at intake in accordance with quality parameters & specifications
- In conjunction with Production Staff, ensure all cider processing is carried out in accordance with highest possible standard.
- Ensuring specifications are maintained to the company’s objective of achieving marketing success.
- Ensure all LIP & AWRI requirements are met
- Manage cider making processes including pressing, clarification, fermentation & filtration.
- Prepare cellar worksheets, logs & other instruction standards to communicate each batch.
- Maintain & update relevant cider/winemaking records & information on share-drive
- General mechanical aptitude & maintenance of the pumps, barrels & temperature control equipment
- Ensure production costs are minimized & industry benchmarked
- A team player who can actively support the Core Cider vision
- A strong work ethic and willingness to go the ‘extra mile’
- A high attention to detail, time management and priority control
- A high level of quality reporting
- Good interpersonal communication skills
- Strong skills in Windows-based applications, especially Excel
Core Cider will provide a wonderful landscape for the successful candidate to work in with a strong focus on life to work balance. The role is an integral part of our growing business and as such we offer an attractive salary, in line with experience to the successful candidate.
Own transport required – we are situated on 40 acres of orchards in the Perth Hills, 35 minutes from the city. There is no public transport to the venue, free parking available and staff meals.
Interested candidates may apply with a cover letter addressing your suitability for the position and a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.