Hobart Brewing produce some of the finest beers in Tasmania but also run a brewery venue on Hobart's waterfront that hosts all manner of events. If you'd like to get involved, they're taking on a marketing manager.
JOB DESCRIPTION: MARKETING & EVENTS MANAGER
HBC is on the hunt for a marketing manager to plan, lead and execute our marketing strategies. This full time role will also manage our exciting calendar of events.
This is a hands on, frontline role to help us define and execute our marketing strategy across the entirety of the business to continue the brewery's fast growth of our core business of beer, and also to build and lead our events team.
You get it.
You're well versed in positioning a product, the people behind them, and telling our story. You're versatile and value doing things a little differently. You know how to bring together and tell a quality, down to earth, real story through quality marketing and branding.
You love to bounce ideas around with different people, different formats, and in all sorts of situations. You like the energy in creating something new and interesting with other people and seeing the concept come to life.
You like seeing a great opportunity, grabbing hold of it and making it work. You understand a quality event, as well as quality in design, imagery and graphics. You know how to market that quality for impact. You are well versed in how to bring this altogether to successfully communicate.
Our brewers love to experiment, try new things, and learn from the results. They want you to do the same. You know how to set a strategy, anticipate a result, but are adaptable and skilled enough to react when things change.
You like to achieve.
You can define clear goals, work with and manage those around you to achieve those goals, and be proactive and creative in correcting the course towards those goals.
You don't mind a few realities.
It's not all beer & skittles. Well, we don't play skittles. We're more a collection of pool sharks. You can handle an event budget, you’re organised and can and capable of communicating some of the mundane stuff with everyone who needs to be in the know.
What's this role about?
Be prepared as no two days will be the same. Ideas will be thrown at you from everywhere throughout the business and you will need to manage those ideas, tell us some better ones, set priorities, and get on with it.
- You'll work with everyone. We mean, everyone, in fulfilling this role
- Developing and executing the marketing plan and manage the strategies for beer sales and new releases (short and longer term goals)
- Communication and organisation is the cornerstone of every good events manager and in this role it needs to be a given
- Increasing our traffic through social media, promotional and marketing initiatives
- Identify and pursue new opportunities to grow our sales
- Manage the creation of design material for various print and digital platforms - even better if you're capable of designing a cat poster
- Plug the odd gap. We're not talking stepping in for the Head Brewer, but maybe the occasion needs someone to pour a few beers, take some tickets, sooth a few egos from a band touring from Toowoomba you've never heard of
- In addition to major events, arrange and ticket the odd gig, beer dinner, community or charity event and of course tell everyone about it
Who are we?
We're an independent brewery filled to the brim with passionate managers, employees, owners, musicians, brewers, foodies, performers, producers, and we even have the odd beer drinker or two wander in.
We're dedicated to providing high quality and delicious beer for all of Tasmania and are now floating a few kegs over the waters to the big smoke. We have developed a strong reputation for great beer, great events and being a part of our community in a pretty rustic, but very real and honest shed just out the back of all the flash stuff Hobart offers.
We're growing fast, have won a few awards for what we do along the way, and have an experienced and exciting team from first thing Monday morning when the brewers arrive until Sunday night when the Venue Manager turns out the lights.
We're not here by accident. Our owners and those who work with us entered the business because they wanted to be a part of an exciting and interesting Hobart brewery and taproom that is passionate about the community around us and loves nothing more than hosting a great local event with a focus on our beer.
How to Apply?
Want to throw your hat in the ring? Great! Please email the General Manager a 1-2 page letter telling us about you together with your resume as soon as you can, but ideally no later than midday, September 23, 2019.
Attention: General Manager – email@example.com.