Stone & Wood are one of the country's largest independent breweries and each year they invest heavily in training new brewers through their production intake.
Right now, applications for that program are open so if you want to learn while brewing, here's how you apply.
Job Description: Brewery Production Intake
Born and raised in Byron Bay, we're proudly independent and local, brewing and bottling our beer in the Northern Rivers of NSW.
Our story is one of growth through passion for good beer. Our aim is to add value to this amazing industry, and one of the ways we can do that is by giving the science graduates, the home brewers, the energetic engineers, the opportunity to learn from the ground up.
Our Brewery Production Intake program provides a pathway for those interested in taking their career to the next level. This is a 12-month program based at our Murwillumbah Brewery cycling through brewing and packaging and learning everything in between.
Need to Know
- Our production roles are shift based across morning shifts starting at 6am, and afternoon shifts finishing at 10pm rotating 6 days on, 3 days off.
- These opportunities are based at our Murwillumbah brewery and include weekends.
- We will support you to undertake brewing and packaging studies within your first 12 months with us if you’d like to tackle that, and we love looking after our people with lots of benefits that we’ll be happy to talk you through when we meet you for an interview.
Want the chance to be involved?!
- This is the time to get your foot in the door if you are…
- so seriously into the ins and outs of beer you want to make it your career, or
- an experienced shift or production worker who’s ready for a new challenge, or
- a recent graduate of a related field ie engineering, science, food technology
What’s on offer?
The right candidates will be offered a position focused on getting to know us inside out, with plenty of time to understand the art of brewing and packaging at our Murwillumbah brewery. Stone & Wood supports individual development through education and training, and our aim is to provide a well-rounded learning experience while immersing you in the Stone & Wood way of life.
What to do?
Jump on our website and get some insights into what makes us tick and apply on the Work With Us page.
Write a personalised cover letter that includes:
- an example or two of how you would contribute to the Stone & Wood culture
- which beer is wowing you right now and why, and
- what this opportunity would mean for you
This Intake program is very much tailored towards those that are looking to develop their career in this industry, but we also welcome interest from those that already have a few years experience under their belt.
Only applications submitted directly through our website will be considered and unfortunately we can’t consider Working Holiday Visa’s or sponsorship for these roles at this stage.
Applications close December 20, 2019.