Boatrocker Brewery, in Melbourne's southeast, is making a habit of turning heads these days.
Since opening its own facility it has been adding a broad range of well received barrel-aged Belgian style beers and others, such as the imperial stout Ramjet, that have helped founder Matt Houghton take home the Good Beer Week Gala Showcase People's Choice Best Brewery and Best Beer three times in a row.
With exciting expansion plans in place, it's time to take on another experienced brewer.
JOB DESCRIPTION: EXPERIENCED BREWER
The team at Boatrocker Brewing Co is looking for an experienced brewer, preferably with a minimum of three-plus years of commercial experience. Formal brewing education also looked upon favourably, but not essential.
Knowledge of modern brewery practices essential, as is an attitude of can do, with the brainpower to work out how. Our extensive barrel ageing program is hitting its stride, so knowledge/experience in this area also looked upon favourably. Forklift licence essential. Knowledge of basic lab techniques essential.
The Brewer will perform various tasks to help meet the daily production requirements. Main functions include, but are not limited to, cleaning, yeast pitching, cleaning, yeast cell counting, weighing of hops and malt, cleaning, beer transfers, tank CIP, dry hopping, barrel cleaning and steaming, parts and hose maintenance, filling of barrels, casks and firkins and additional cellar and brewhouse duties as necessary.
We need a self starter, independent thinker and worker, and team player who works to get the job done.
Daily Duties, Functions, Responsibilities:
- Work closely with brewing team to achieve desired quality and production targets;
- Complete assigned tasks in accordance with Boatrocker SOP.
- Follow all safety procedures.
- Handling of hazardous chemicals.
- Keep accurate daily production records as required.
- Assist with equipment maintenance and repairs.
- Follow daily and weekly cleaning schedules to maintain a clean working environment.
- Attend production meetings as assigned.
- Formal brewing education a plus.
- Forklift certification is required.
- Must have the ability to get to work on time to keep a production schedule.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, be computer literate, and have familiarity with Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel). We are an equal opportunity employer. Mac users welcome too.
PLEASE EMAIL ALL CVs TO email@example.com. We will contact everyone who applies.