Mismatch operate a large brewery in the Adelaide Hills where they have a strong focus on sustainable practices.
They're looking to take on an experienced scientist to manage their lab and R&D department.
JOB DESCRIPTION: LAB MANAGER
Is Quality important to you? Do you strive for the best outcome? Do you CARE about the finished product?
Mismatch is an award winning brewery based in the Adelaide Hill at Lot 100, South Australia. Our ethos is centred around the word ‘CARE’, be it our sustainable practises or how we produce and treat the beer. We hire people who have passion, commitment and want to be the best at what they do.
As our volumes grow significantly so does our need for Quality Assurance and Control and having the right person to continue managing these processes.
We are looking for an experienced scientist in a full time capacity to manage our laboratory and R&D department, competent in the following:
- Strong background in brewery and fermentation technology.
- Monitoring the quality of the beer and the production process.
- Proficient with analytical techniques based on microscopy, spectrophotometry, microscopy and microbiology.
- Maintaining production records and statistically analysing data for the purpose of improving quality, optimising processes, improving efficiencies and minimising wastages.
- Implementing and optimising novel analytical techniques to match the fast evolving QC needs of our expanding production process.
- Driving R&D projects within the brewing team
- Train staff on basic lab processes that will assist you in your role
- Stock control and maintenance of laboratory equipment
- Weekly report to board outlining production results for the week
- Contributing in preparing and managing R&D tax incentive grants
- Brewery industry experience
- Forklift truck and scissor lift licences
If you think this role is made for you please forward your resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.