South Australia's Big Shed Brewing recently started brewing out of a far larger home in Adelaide, giving them the ability to brew significantly more beer.
If you want to help that beer get brewed, the team is hiring.
Job Description: Brewer
We're on the hunt for brewer to join our team at Royal Park in Adelaide. Here's what you need to know about the role.
Personal Attributes – Required for all BSBC Staff
- A can-do attitude - we are a small company and we need people who can muck in happily and enthusiastically
- A Team ethic - an extension of above, we all need to work to the betterment of the BSBC team. One for all and all for one!
- Flexibility - We need people who are able to do what’s required. Sometimes it will mean early mornings, late nights and weekends. Sometimes it will be doing what’s required to achieve the goal, regardless whether or not it’s in your PD.
- A love of craft beer and the craft beer industry. You don’t need to know everything about it, but you need to love it.
- A passion to discover - Always ready to learn more about the industry, about flavour, about BSBC and about yourself
- Have Fun - We will have shit days but if every day is shit then what's the point. Don't be afraid to take the piss out of ourselves. It keeps us sane besides we treat the beer seriously, not ourselves.
- Have many fucks to give!
Personal Attributes – Brewer
- Love our customers - You will deal with contract customers who will want to do everything and others who will have no idea what to do next. You will also deal with our punters and even with our supporting venues on a retail level. Either way you will be their guide, so you need to be confident and friendly about it.
- Be fit - Brewing isn’t easy so you need to be physically capable. We may need you to do deliveries too so be ready to go home tired but knowing you've done a great job.
- Be a clean freak - Love the smell of PAA in the morning? Have we got a job for you! We need our brew team to be relentless in their pursuit of bugs.
- Be Up: On any given day, shit will go wrong. What we need is you to work through a solution. This can only be done using a positive mindset.
- Be assertive: You are in a team and there is a structure, but don't wait to be asked, if something needs doing, do it. If you think something is wrong, say so. A shrinking violet won’t grow in a brew house.
This is an entry role into Big Shed Brewing Concern’s brewery operations. Roles and key expectations for this role are highlighted below but not limited to:
- Prior experience in a commercial brewery/production facility is preferred and a willingness to continue learning
- Must be able to follow detailed directions
- Be capable of supporting at all-times the goals of BSBC and its clients and customers.
- Perform weekly cleaning on brewery and cellar systems
- Operate a bar as needed.
- Obtain or have a current RSA.
- Undertake further training in area’s key to BSBC’s success.
- Lastly and most important - A comprehensive knowledge and passion for craft beer which can stand the test of a fast production environment.
Specific duties/traits include:
- Daily ferment checks
- Plant sanitation
- Brewhouse preparation
- Wort production
- Raw material and dry goods inventory and stock level management using
- Keg cleaning
- Quality control
- Contribute to recipe design and sensory
- Additional tasks as required
Think this is you?
Cool, send your CV and a cover letter to email@example.com.
Close of application date is February 29, 2020.