Bright Brewery are based in Victoria's stunning High Country, with a brewpub located on the Ovens River and a larger production facility.
If you want to help drive their beer sales, the team is looking to take on a sales manager to be based in either Bright or Melbourne.
JOB DESCRIPTION: SALES MANAGER – MELBOURNE OR BRIGHT
The purpose of this role is to grow sales and the brand equity of the Bright Brewery’s craft beer range in Melbourne and across Victoria.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
Bright Brewery is recruiting a Sales Manager to drive sales activities across the business.
We are looking for an experienced sales manager with a proven track record in the craft beer industry. The person will have an extensive network of contacts across major retailers, distributors, independent outlets and venues. The person will act as ambassador for Bright Brewery’s brand, values and lifestyle. We are looking for someone who can grow with the business. The right person will be rewarded with and attractive reward package and work life balance.
Bright Brewery has been established for over 10 years. During this time Bright Brewery has built a reputation for high quality beer and great customer service culminating in three golds at the Victorian Tourism Awards. We have a very strong values-based approach to managing the business.
Bright Brewery has recently completed a multi-million-dollar investment to increase brewing capacity and is now in a position to enter the Wholesale market.
- Drive the wholesale of Bright Brewery beers into bottle-shops, restaurants, venues, and other retail outlets in Victoria.
- Manage and drive distribution and sales into large retailers.
- Develop Sales Objectives and strategies to achieve these
- Sales Revenue responsibility for the Wholesale business.
- Set and achieve budgeted sales targets and KPIs.
- Recruit, train and manage the Sales team
- Work autonomously and with Sales reps to manage and grow accounts in Victoria
- Work with the Logistics Coordinator to deliver efficient movement of stock.
- Identify opportunities to increase sales and develop cost effective delivery plans
- Host events both on and off premise, including festivals.
- Reports to Bright Brewery owner
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- More than two years’ experience in wholesale sales
- Proven sales record and ability to manage a territory
- Established trade connections and relationships in the Victorian and Melbourne craft beer market
- Strong commercial sense
- Understanding of the craft beer market, on-premise and retail trade and trends
- Excellent face-to-face and written communication skills
- Ability to maintain strong and positive relationships with customers
- Ability to identify customer needs and provide solutions
- Experience managing participation at events
- Ability to effectively prioritise tasks and manage time
- Computer and social media savvy (E-mail, MS Word, MS Excel, social networking)
- Experience in business objective, setting strategy, developing and budgeting
- Self-motivated, outcomes oriented, person of action
- Drivers licence.
- Possess (or have the capability to develop) outstanding knowledge of beer and the brewing process.
- Process driven with strong attention to detail.
- Understanding of Business Finance software, such as Quickbooks
- Understanding of design software, such as Adobe Creative suite
- Experience with CRM software
- Hold a current RSA.
- Experience and performance in a similar role.
- Experience in developing and delivering strategies
- Experience in forecasting, budgeting and cost control
- Understanding of:
- the craft beer market,
- business drivers for an independent brewery,
- on-premise and retail trade,
- beer-related events.
- Relationship management and communication skills.
- Connections to the craft beer industry.
- Alibility to work autonomously.
- Strong knowledge and passion for beer and brewing.
- Flexible with working hours, including readiness to work after hours and on weekend events at events, festivals and brand activations.
- Commitment to invest time in brand development.
- Permanent Australian resident.
- A good fit for Bright Brewery’s brand and culture.
This is a full-time permanent position that will involve after hours and weekend work on some occasions.
A competitive remuneration package is negotiable for the right applicant, including:
- Salary plus commission
- Attractive bonus and incentive plan
- Training and support
Please apply in writing with a Cover Letter detailing how you meet the Selection Criteria and the Skills and Experience, as well as your CV, to the Operations Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org.