Hop Nation this week announced they'd taken over Mornington Peninsula Brewery's former production facility and now they're hiring too.
If you'd like to join their team of brewers, here's what you need to know.
JOB DESCRIPTION: ASSISTANT BREWERS
Hop Nation is an independent craft brewery based in Melbourne, co-owned and operated by Sam Hambour and Duncan Gibson. We favour hop-forward beers and quality ingredients.
We are looking for Assistant Brewers to help staff our new Mornington Peninsula brewery located at 20 Latham St, Mornington.
Hours may vary to align with staffing and production needs. All shifts (morning, afternoon, and occasionally on weekends) may be required.
- Legally permitted to work in Australia
- Minimum one year experience in commercial brewing/cellar/packaging operations
- Positive attitude, ready for a challenge, comfortable working in a small team
- Must be ready to work with quickly changing deadlines in a dynamic environment.
- A strong passion for quality and consistency
- Physically capable to lift 25kg grain bags
- Strong note-taking skills
- Comfortable with numbers
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Assisting in wort production
- FV quality control sampling
- Yeast microbiology sampling
- Keg cleaning, filling, keg pallet loading and wrapping
- Performing stocktakes
- Preparing and operating on the canning line
- Fermentation tanks CIP and sanitation
- Maintaining brewery cleanliness and all cleanup/maintenance schedules
- Receiving and unloading raw materials
- Preparing raw materials for planned production
- Operate equipment in a safe and efficient manner.
- Complete all necessary paperwork accurately and on time.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Education: High School Diploma or equivalent, with a certificate or other advanced education in mechanical maintenance or engineering is desirable. Any formal education in brewing and/or Fermentation Sciences is preferred.
- Have a basic understanding of Excel, Word and other standard programs for brewery functions.
- Forklift license and driver’s license are desirable but not mandatory.
Please send applications to Duncan Gibson – firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline for applications is August 21, 2020.