4 Pines have been brewing for more than a decade since opening their Manly brewpubs and put out a busy roster of new beers.
If you want to lead the charge on the new beer front, they're hiring an innovation and quality manager.
Jon Description: Innovation & Quality Manager
4 Pines was born over a decade ago after a casual conversation between a father and a son, post surf, who simply wanted an exceptional beer when options were limited. Their dream of a little brew pub in Manly has grown into a well-recognised Brewing Company making high quality beers available right across Australia (and increasingly beyond!).
At 4 Pines we value craftsmanship, community, integrity and authenticity in everything we do. As a B-Corp, we have also have a mandate to do it in a sustainable way that benefits our people, our community and the environment.
To keep us elevating our game we’re on the look-out for a like-minded Innovation and Quality Manager to fill some pretty big steel-capped boots. If this is you, get in touch! We’d love to talk about how you can help to continue building our beers and Brewing Network.
What skills will you likely need?
- A love for beer – tasting it, talking about it, designing it, creating it
- 8+yrs of brewery and/or beverage manufacturing experience
- Recognised technical brewing qualifications
- A solid knowledge of quality and processing systems in big and small breweries
- Demonstrated aptitude for Cross-functional Leadership and Project Management
- Experience in stakeholder management and demonstrated ability to negotiate optimal cross-functional outcomes
- And most importantly, you can project 4 Pines core values of craftsmanship, community, integrity and authenticity
What will you be doing?
- Supporting the Chief Brewer and Brewery General Manager in building short- and long-term Brewing strategy
- Leading the coordination of our 4 peripheral brewing sites – Manly Brewpub, Brunswick Brewpub, Newport Barrel Room and Coolangatta SmartBrew – to align with our Brewing and Innovation agenda
- Lead designer of beer and near-beer beverages for larger scale brewing
- Quality ownership across our larger internal and external (CUB) brewing sites
- Championing Continuous Improvement across safety, quality, beer design and process design.
- Execution of Innovation and New Beer Development projects
- Reporting of key metrics
What about the perks?
- BEER! (of course)
- On-going training and development with support for external courses/qualifications
- Discounts on food & beverage at all 4 Pines venues
- Environmentally and socially conscious organisation (we’re a B Corp and proud member of 1% for the Planet)
- A tight-knit company culture with an eager and talented Brew Team
Its strange times out there at the moment, but of all the uncertainty, we are certain that people still want a bloody good beer! In saying that, we're looking to fill the role quick smart with applications closing on 4th September 2020 so let us know you're keen!