KAIJU! make monster beers in Melbourne's south east that are packaged inside stunning cans.
If you're an experienced brewer or production team leader, the brewery is looking for a production head.
Job Description: Head of Production
KAIJU! Beer has achieved significant growth with our flagship product, KAIJU Krush!, which pioneered the Tropical Pale Ale style in Australia and still enjoys continued growth and critical acclaim.
As a business, we are becoming one of the most highly-regarded independent brewers in Australia and have expanded our highly recognisable branding and premium beer and cider to the rest of the world.
We recognise that versatility and technical skills in what we do are important, and we are committed to quality and customer service ensuring we are competitive in the brewing market.
We place a strong emphasis on safe working practices, taking care of the environment and having a collegiate work environment. This is a fun place to work and we need to work together to make it happen.
KAIJU! Beer is seeking a highly skilled and committed Head of Production to ensure the quality and integrity of our products is sustained as we grow to the next level.
You will be joining an experienced team who are ready for a natural leader to ensure that all production activities are conducted in alignment with our quality and OH&S objectives.
Your experience in supply chain, production planning and scheduling is complemented by your dedication to quality as we augment our QA and QC systems.
You are passionate about your work and always ensure all tasks are completed with OH&S standards as your top priority. You will be a leader with respect to our OH&S continuous improvement program.
Your experience in every aspect of high volume brewing operations in a fast-paced environment has given you the skills to be an effective communicator. You are solutions-oriented and have a desire to enact a continuous improvement approach to product quality.
You value personal and professional development for you and your team and will be supported by us to ensure a positive, collaborative and productive work environment.
- Strong work ethic
- IBD Diploma or equivalent brewing formal education qualifications that include production as well as packaging
- At least 2 years experience in a brewery management role
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Critical thinker and solution orientated
- Forklift license
- Drivers License
- Strong understanding of brewing science, technology and operations
- Permission to work in Australia
What we need:
- Ability to lead a team and work as a team member
- Minimum 5 years experience
- Minimum 2 years as a Head Brewer or Production Team Leader
- Demonstrated ability to produce high quality beer in a multi-million litre per year brewery environment in accordance with production planning targets.
- Able to manage all facets of the brewery production process including; goods-in, wort production, cellar operations, packaging and goods-out.
- Experience in developing and enhancing GMP systems.
- Experience working in a brewery Quality Lab covering Raw Materials, Packaging, Chemical, Microbiological and Sensory Analysis.
- Demonstrated ability to manage end-to-end supply chain from procurement to production planning to finished goods inventory management.
- Experience in cloud based ERP and Production Management software systems
- Ability to enhance the current OH&S and food safety programs.
- Ability to undertake risk assessments, maintain and develop OH&S policy
- Knowledge of the implementation of HACCP Food safety programs and fastidious attention to detail with respect to brewery cleanliness.
- Supply chain management experience to work with our suppliers to forecast and manage production costs.
What you’ll get:
- Competitive salary package with KPI based bonuses
- Job security
- Work with a close knit team in an inclusive environment
- Be valued and supported in the work you do
- Provided all the necessary tools to be excellent in your role
- Work for a family owned business that prioritises your safety and wellbeing