Ballistic Beer have been growing fast and attracting plenty of attention for their beers, now available across the country.
If you've got a science background and want to be part of the Brisbane brewery, they're hiring a quality technician.
Job Description: Quality Technician
Ballistic Beer Co is home to a fast growing community of beer lovers from all walks of life. We’re a team of innovative brewers who believe everyone should have the chance to enjoy a well crafted, quality beer. At Ballistic we have a simple theory. Fresh beer is the best beer. That’s why we to great lengths to brew our beers to the highest quality standards to consistently ensure the best possible drinking experience.
Ballistic Beer Co. is seeking an enthusiastic individual with a strong science background focusing on microbiology and fermentation to fulfil a full-time role as a Quality Technician at our rapidly growing and award-winning independent brewery.
Applicants with a minimum Graduate level qualification in Food Science or Microbiology with relevant laboratory experience are preferred for this position. A love for good beer will also be favourably considered.
Working under supervision of the Quality Manager, the Quality Technician will ensure the completion of daily laboratory and quality requirements. The role requires direct liaison with the brewery production and packaging teams to ensure that all quality assurance and control requirements are being achieved and recorded. You will assist the Quality Manager in all facets of brewery quality and will be required to work autonomously at times.
Key responsibilities of the role include but are not limited to:
- Yeast counting and viability analysis, propagation, storage and culture isolation,
- Assisting in development and operation of in-house microbiological testing and reporting program,
- Assisting to develop, implement, and refine workplace SOP’s reflective of the growing brewery quality program and laboratory activities,
- Assist in facilitation of sensory program,
- Data collection, analysis and reporting,
- Providing a high level of health and safety awareness in the workplace and helping to identify areas needing improvement,
- Enthusiasm to work in a dynamic, team orientated environment with ability to work autonomously at times,
- Willingness to learn and grow as a part of a rapidly growing independent brewery.
This position has extensive scope for professional growth and increased responsibility during this exciting period of growth within the business.
To apply, please send a copy of your CV and a one-page cover letter explaining why this role is for you to email@example.com.
For further information please call Jake Harrison on (07) 3277 6656.