Thunder Road are located in Melbourne's inner north, where you'll find brewery, venue, beer historian's treasure trove and an impressive laboratory.
If you'd like to join the team there, they're hiring a quality manager.
JOB DESCRIPTION: BREWING QUALITY MANAGER
Thunder Road Brewery is a family-owned, medium-sized craft brewery operating out of Brunswick, Melbourne.
We produce a range of core beers on our 30HL Brew house as well as creating innovative seasonal releases on our pilot brewing systems.
We are currently looking for an experienced brewer who will progressively grow into the role of Brewing Quality Manager.
Due to Covid-19, our staffing model has had to change. The current role will begin with duties split between Quality, Brewing and Production with the intention to shift to a full time quality role over time.
Current duties include:
- General Laboratory operation and testing (ABV, IBU, Micro, Finished Product, Raw Material)
- Maintaining the Quality Management System (QMS) and ensuring HACCP compliance of site
- Staff training (ensuring this is kept up to date)
- Internal Audits
- Handling customer complaints
- Brewing, Plant CIP, Yeast Handling, Centrifuge/filtration, raw material and chemical handling
- Performing secondary brewing tasks, including milling and grain out
- Keg filling and cleaning operation on semi-automatic keg filler
- Cellar and fermentation management; including tank sampling and analysis
- Rotating shift work. We operate 5 days a week and rostered weekend work is required (Fermentation Checks)
- Record keeping
- Forklift operation (Reach fork truck), licence not required
- General plant cleaning
- 1-3 years’ work experience working in quality, preferably in food/beverage manufacturing
- Tertiary qualification in Science, Food Technology or similar
- Pluses would be External training in Internal Auditing and HACCP
- Follow Good Manufacturing Practices
- Strong problem solving skills
- Hard working with a good attitude
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently with minimal supervision
- Able to write and follow SOPs
- Computer literate
- Good communicator
- Experience brewing in a commercial brewery
- Brewing or related science or quality management qualifications
This position is available for immediate start. You will receive training from the current Quality Manager during the handover phase.
Applicants must have the right to work in Australia.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
As part of the selection process applicants must agree to undergo a police check.
Pay rate is negotiable depending on experience.
If this role sounds like you, please send through your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.