Soulfresh are a food and beverage company with a sustainable ethos that make Lo Bros kombucha and Nutty Bruce almond milk.
If you're a brewer with a fondness for experimentation, they want to hear from you.
Job Description: Brewer
We are a food and beverage company like no other. Entrepreneurial and free thinking, we are a movement more than a corporation, and are here to change the way people eat & drink for the better by disrupting food for good.
Our innovative & sustainable brands, such as Lo Bros and Nutty Bruce a, provide better-for-you alternatives and lead the way in living beverages and plant-based food & drinks.
What we need:
We are looking for a passionate brewer (with a seriously good palate) who loves fermentation, brewing and kombucha, and has a drive to experiment, analyse and learn. Our natural bent at Soulfresh is fast & furious, so we need people who like to kick goals, find new ways and adapt quickly to respond to changing customer and biz needs.
What you will do:
- Brew SF alcoholic kombucha to process and product specifications
- Lead Soulfresh’s brewing innovation, to further optimise the current brewing of alcoholic and non-alcoholic kombucha using existing and new processes
- Oversee the external Brewing SF non-alcoholic Kombucha to Process and Product specifications
- Co-ordinate SF Brewing, filtration and pick-up
- Ensure that SF Alcoholic Kombucha brewing meets Short Term Supply Plan provided by Soulfresh planning team
- Ensure all incoming materials are to spec, including supplier management
- Ensure that short and long-term capacity for SF Alcoholic Kombucha is managed to meet Medium Term Supply Plan. This includes purchasing of tanks and equipment as required.
- Map all brewing processes across the beverage portfolio
- Lead Sensory Program at Soulfresh across all categories
- Manage Sensory program in accordance with QA & NPD stipulated frequency for each product range
- Schedule Taste panels, collate responses, manage data with support of Innovation Leaders
- Facilitate Sensory Panel education and capability development
What you will bring:
Each day in this role you will work with multiple teams across the business, and you will be responsible for keeping people, processes and procedures in line when it comes to brewing. Needless to say, you will be a pro at building solid relationships and have a strong continuous improvement mindset!
- Well-developed Brewing Experience (ideally within kombucha/ living beverages)
- Desirable brewing qualifications(s) and/or relevant technical degree
- Strong understanding of GMP, Food Safety and Plant Hygiene standards
- HACCP level 3 as a minimum and SQF working knowledge
- A well-developed palate with experience of Sensory Panel operations
- Strong technical knowledge – manufacturing processes/practices
- Accuracy and thoroughness with data & information
- Ability to effectively manage and improve processes, systems & information
What you will get
A commitment to progress - we are in a growth phase, building things from the ground up, constantly creating & evolving! At the moment your sweeteners are:
- Flexibility - because well, Covid, but also way beyond!
- Amazing food to taste
- A team that gives a sh*t
- Opportunity to be bold
- Getting to work in a globally expanding biz
To apply please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the email Title “Brewing/Sensory Lead Application” and include your CV and a covering letter explaining how your experience and outlook makes you an awesome fit for Soulfresh and the role.
Look forward to meeting you soon!