It's been a big few weeks for Akasha, with the Sydney brewery unveiling a new look and launching its Projects series of limited releases.
As the business continues to grow, they're looking to add to their brewery team.
JOB DESCRIPTION: PACKAGING LEAD / ASSISTANT BREWER
Akasha Brewing Company, based in Five Dock NSW, was founded in 2015 and has quickly developed a reputation for producing some of the country’s favourite hop forward beers such as Hopsmith IPA, Freshwater Pale Ale and Korben D Double IPA.
Having experienced significant growth over the last year, we are looking to appoint a Packaging Lead/Assistant Brewer in our Sydney brewery. This rare opportunity to join the Akasha brew team will suit someone early in their career with a hardcore passion for hand crafted, hop forward beer and a desire to learn from some of the best in their field.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, the key functions of this role include:
- Operating our CASK canning line with an exceptional level of attention to detail
- CIP of all packaging equipment
- Performing quality control, lab, cleaning and warehousing tasks
- Assist with brewing, cellaring, and kegging operations
- Regular maintenance of the canning line, brew house and other equipment in the brewery
- Daily input of information into the brewery management system
- Assist with marketing activities as appropriate, including events and trade shows/festivals, etc.
To be considered for the role, you’ll need the following qualifications and experience:
- A love of quality, independent Australian beer
- Experience in a similar role for at least 12 months
- Well developed communication skills
- Current Australian drivers licence
- NSW RSA
- Forklift licence preferred
If you think you tick all the boxes and would be a good fit for the Akasha team, we’re offering a competitive salary and the chance to work with some great people in a rewarding environment.
Please send your resume and a cover letter to email@example.com.
Closing date for applications is November 27, 2020.