Philter recently opened the doors to their Marrickville brewery and it's a space that's truly added to Sydney's already thriving inner west beer scene.
If you'd like to keep the Philter beers flowing, they're hiring.
JOB DESCRIPTION: EXPERIENCED BREWER
Want to develop your career with one of the fastest growing breweries in Sydney’s Inner West? This is your opportunity to get on board with Team Philter.
We’re creating the good stuff on our own turf and we need an Experienced Brewer to join the team. If you’re a passionate brewer with the highest standards when it comes to quality and at least 3-5 years commercial experience, this is your chance to get your hands on our state of the art, fully automated 25hL Premier Stainless Systems brewery in Marrickville.
Reporting to the Head Brewer, you’ll have the opportunity to learn from one of the most experienced brewers in Australia. You’ll be a key team player tasked with ensuring the smooth operation of the brewing facility and delivering to the deadlines and requirements of the production schedule. We need our beer produced to-spec, on-time and in-full.
This is a full-time permanent position that will involve shift work including after hours, weekend work and public holidays on some occasions. It includes a competitive salary and benefits package, based on experience and qualifications.
- The delivery of the day-to-day operation of a Production Schedule, as outlined by the
- Head Brewer
- Consistently delivering high-quality beer on time
- Ensuring all product is tested in line with our Quality Control program
- Supporting the maintenance of brewery equipment
- Diligence in abiding by quality standards and recipe requirements
- Accurately entering all required data into brewery management software
- Driving continual improvement, development and implementation of standards and
- Ensuring that all safety measures and procedures as defined by Philter are met and
- Performing brewing, cellaring, packaging and quality control operations
- Operating and optimising packaging equipment to the highest of work standards
- Maintaining a clean and safe work environment for efficient operation
- Actively participating in continuous Improvement activities across safety, quality and
- efficiency within the brewery environment
- Forklift usage to load/unload raw materials and finished product
- Representing the brewery and engaging directly with our customers and communities in
- the venue and in trade, at festivals and the wider brewing community
You’ll be able to demonstrate
- Ability to operate to set Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) across the facility
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- The ability to follow instructions precisely
- In-depth knowledge of the brewing process and a good understanding of packaging
- Excellent workplace behaviour including strong teamwork, integrity and consistency
- A highly motivated attitude and the ability to work unsupervised, as well as part of a
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- The flexibility to handle changing shifts to meet tight deadlines
- That you thrive on best manufacturing practices and meticulous cleanliness
- An ability and willingness to learn new skills and a desire to mentor and coach other team
- Experience and knowledge of IT systems such as computerised/automation control
- That you are willing and able to perform labour intensive work in a safe manner
Your qualifications and skills
- An IBD diploma or equivalent brewing qualification is advantageous to your application
- A forklift license is essential
- A valid driver licence
- The right to work in Australia
Are you the one we’re looking for?
Awesome! We can’t wait to hear from you. Please send over a cover letter detailing prior relevant experience and a current resumé by November 30, 2020 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are not accepting applications from recruitment agencies.