Adelaide's Big Shed operate a substantial brewery and they have big plans for their beer in 2021.
If you'd like to be responsible for packaging that beer, they're hiring.
Job Description: Packaging Leader
Big Shed Brewing Concern was established in 2013 and now has a position open for an experienced Packaging Leader, operating from our Old Port Road Brewery in Royal Park.
So do you have experience in the packaging industry? Good read on as we are looking for someone who can hit the ground running.
The Packaging Leader is a vital role in our brewery operations team and is responsible for ensuring all bright beer makes it into cans and kegs to meet the production schedule and is compliant with all quality control checks. This role reports to the Brewery Operations Manager.
We have an automated Cask canning line with an in-line ACM 4 Pack applicator followed by manual carton filling, gluing and palletising. A new Pack Leader labeller is expected in Q1 2021. The Big Shed brew and packaging team currently operate on a 5 days per week, predominantly day shift with those hours likely to increase during 2021 and beyond.
The successful applicant will be responsible for but not limited to:
- Total management of packaging operations, including:
- Daily hands-on operation and supervision of all filling
- Maintaining the packaging and CIP equipment.
- You will be responsible for managing and rostering the packaging labour with a key focus on safety, product quality, continuous improvement and efficiency.
- Carrying out quality checks on finished beer in BBT. Measuring in-pack quality data will also form part of the role as well as recording packaging run information.
- Manage the compliance with existing procedures and build additional procedures as required.
- Managing of all dry goods, packaging area layout, equipment upgrades, and equipment maintenance is a requirement of the role.
You will be working closely with the Head Brewer and Brewery Operations Manager to produce the weekly packaging scheduling then ensure that the schedule is achieved. Experience in a Brewery managing a canning line would be preferred however relevant experience in a comparable packaging environment would also be considered. Qualifications in Brewing, Engineering or Science would be favourable.
A good level of mechanical and electrical knowledge is required to assist you with on-the-job problem solving and engaging with electrical and mechanical contractors as required.
There is an expectation that safety be first and foremost, you will demonstrate safety behaviours and help maintain and build the safety culture at Big Shed.
You will need to have a positive, can do attitude with an insatiable desire for improvement, excellent communication skills and a track record of working effectively in a small team. A true passion for bloody good beer and brewing would be advantageous.
You will need to hold a valid driver's and forklift licence and have flexibility to work between 6:00am to 7:00pm Monday to Friday.
If this is you, we encourage you to apply, please ensure you include a cover letter and a CV and send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications close February 5, 2021.