Fresh from the success of their record-breaking equity crowdfund, Batch Brewing Co are adding to their brewing team.
They're hiring an experienced head brewer to work across their two breweries in Sydney's west.
JOB DESCRIPTION: HEAD BREWER
We’re looking for an experienced, self-motivated, energetic brewer to join our Batch family and lead our production team as our Head Brewer.
At Batch we pride ourselves on community – it’s at the centre of everything we do, both for our customers and for our employees. And as our Head Brewer, you’ll make sure our community enjoys the best tasting beer possible.
You’ll be laser focused on ensuring the production team have what’s needed to meet the brewing schedule to produce authentic, natural and innovative beer. You’ll also be willing and able to jump right in and run the production processes alongside the team.
You’ll report to the founders and be integral in executing our brewing schedule, assisting team members with following procedures, keeping the brewery running efficiently, maintaining order and cleanliness, and ensuring a safe and sanitary brewing environment.
As Head Brewer, you’ll liaise with Sales, Marketing, and the Tasting Room Manager to ensure the schedule meets our demand with the right products, and help to tell the story of each unique beer we brew.
You will also spend time being creative – the successful candidate will be one who looks forward to creating new flavours in our test facility, Small Batch.
Additional responsibilities for this role are:
- Managing the production team across two brewing sites to meet the brewing schedule with first class beer
- Scheduling brewers
- Planning and executing material orders to ensure the brewing schedule is met
- Managing contract brewing partners
- Training junior brewers and coaching experienced brewers
- Reviewing processes with an eye to improving efficiency, quality, and safety
- Updating brewing records
- Reviewing brewing records to identify process improvements
- Fielding deliveries, customers queries, and interdepartmental queries
- Liaising with Sales and the Tasting Room to ensure the right beers are being brewed
- Liaising with Marketing to ensure labels are accurate and marketing content is authentic and correct
- Maintaining accurate inventory levels within our database
- Overseeing the running periodic maintenance reviews on equipment, and performing or scheduling servicing as needed
The successful candidate will be:
- A natural leader
- Passionate about craft brewing
- Proficient in Excel and technically capable
- Self motivated and ambitious, with a passion for learning
- A team player, with an open and inclusive mindset
- Able to comfortably multi-task
- A beer connoisseur with an exceptional palate
- Detail-oriented and precise — and care about the “small things
- Organised and responsible, with a keen sense for prioritising what’s important
- Able and comfortable with operating vehicles with a manual transition
- Have a valid license to operate a fork lift
- Mentally sharp and physically fit (comfortably can maneuver a full keg (~62kg) with a trolley / Able to lift 25kg)
- Comfortable working in hot and cold conditions
This role is a full time, salaried position with excellent opportunity for career progression. Previous experience is required.
The position is available immediately, and we will hold the role for the right candidate.
Send applications to Sidwa@batchbrewingco.com.au.