Newstead Brewing are one of Brisbane's biggest independent breweries, with operations in the suburbs of Newstead and Milton.
If you'd like to help them brew in the latter, they're hiring an experienced brewer and quality technician.
JOB DESCRIPTION: Experienced Brewer/ Quality Technician
Newstead Brewing Co. is Brisbane’s largest Independent brewery with operations in Newstead and Milton. We are a 100% family-owned, award-winning brewery and a proud Brisbane company focused on innovation, science, and creativity which plays a very active role in the Brisbane community in Arts, Sport and Education.
A position exists for an Experienced Brewer/ Quality Technician to join our Brewing team working at our Milton brewery. This position will involve working across all aspects of our brewing operations with a strong focus on quality analysis. Operation include:
- Wort production
- Cellaring tasks
- Quality assessment across the brewing process from raw materials to packaged product
- Sensory Analysis
- Cleaning and maintaining a hygienic brewery and laboratory
Newstead Brewing has a state-of-the-art production facility. Our equipment includes:
- 4 vessel semi-automated 50HL DME Brewhouse
- Comprehensive laboratory – Micro, PCR and other benchtop analytical testing
- Alfa Laval centrifuge
- Bulk malt elevation system
- Self-contained CIP system for automated cleaning
- CODI canning line with Fibre King automated case packer
- 2 head COMAC keg cleaner and filler
- Minimum of two years brewing experience preferably and/or Quality Assurance experience including GMP/HACCP practices and procedures
- Must have brewing/quality qualifications or be currently studying
- Flexibility with working hours between 6:00 AM – 7:00 PM Monday to Friday
- Current Forklift License
- Current Driver’s License
- Current RSA Statement of Attainment
- The right to work in Australia
- Strong work ethic and the right attitude to get the job completed
- Problem solving skills on microbiological or chemical related issues to ensure quality of products are meeting all defined standards.
- Ability to conduct and report on analysis of the brewing process
- Good communication skills and ability to operate in a small team
To find out more about Newstead Brewing Co check us out at www.newsteadbrewing.com.au, on Facebook and Instagram.
Applicants can send their application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications close Friday May 12, 2021.