Inner North Brewing are located down a Brunswick backstreet where they've turned an old warehouse into both a brewery and a light-filled bar.
Having recently expanded, they're looking to hire a new brewer.
JOB DESCRIPTION: TRAINEE BREWER/BREWER
Inner North Brewing Co is looking for a new trainee brewer/brewer to assist in the production of the finest quality beers at our Brunswick (3056) based brewery/bar facility.
We are a very small team and recent expansion in the brewery means we now need more hands on deck to pump out more of the good stuff. The successful candidate will be working side-by-side with our Head Brewer on a daily basis.
The ideal candidate will be capable of learning quickly, have a passion for beer and a solid work ethic.
The role is full-time (38hours/week). Relevant experience is valued, but not essential.
- Assisting the head brewer to produce quality wort and beer
- Performing all work safely, reporting any risks, hazards or incidents to management;
- Maintaining and cleaning equipment and designated work areas
- Adhering to brewing schedules and performing work to production deadlines;
- Completing all necessary documentation, compliance checks, and record-keeping;
- Occasionally working the bar serving customers.
- Beer delivery
- Keg filling and cleaning operation on semi-automatic keg filler;
- Performing secondary brewing tasks, including milling and grain out;
- General plant cleaning
- Raw material and chemical handling
- Record keeping
- More cleaning
- Manual driver’s license and RSA
- Flexibility with working hours
- A passion for beer
- Mentally sharp and physically fit
- Prepared to spend long hours on your feet carrying out manual labour
- Practical problem solver with a hands-on “can do” attitude
- Detail and process orientated mindset
- A positive attitude and strong work ethic
- Obsessive about cleaning, sanitation, and quality control
- Self-motivated and ambitious, with a passion for learning
- A team player, with an open and inclusive mindset
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently with minimal supervision
- Able to follow SOP’s
- Serious attitude to OHS
- Computer literate
- Good communicator
- Competent in listening to, and following instructions with high attention to detail;
- Positive, cooperative and communicative, with the ability to perform work independently and within a small team;
- High Competency with Excel
- Brewing and/or science qualification
- Previous commercial brewing experience
This position is available for immediate start. Applicants must have the right to work in Australia.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Please send through your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.